Stupidly locked my case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thanks everyone for all the very imaginative answers.

When my insurance confirmed they would reimburse me for the whole value of the case, I thought I'd try anything so I took a knife and forced on the opening as hard as I could, which worked!

For the record I did try to warm up the case for the air to expand but it didn't work.

I've put the case in the water for 20 minutes, no leak so far so should be good :)

Thanks again for all the help!

Wow, thanks everyone for all the very imaginative answers.

When my insurance confirmed they would reimburse me for the whole value of the case, I thought I'd try anything so I took a knife and forced on the opening as hard as I could, which worked!

For the record I did try to warm up the case for the air to expand but it didn't work.

I've put the case in the water for 20 minutes, no leak so far so should be good :)

Thanks again for all the help!

Glad to hear that prying with knife works. :)

Go to some parachute training center and ask to someone to bring the case on the next launch to the max altitude, open it and leave it open. They will handle it open when they land - few minutes later - pay a beer to them :)...

... oops too late ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom