Sturgeon Spawning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryshannon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Another Incredible dive Friday night : Thanks to John for guiding us on a Superman dive that ran us right into the Sturgeons spawning. Right before we hit the Log Wall in the mouth of the river we started to see the Pickerel then we hit the Sturgeons on the bottom in approx 69 ft. they were anywhere from 3ft to 6ft long, At one point I tapped Rod on the shoulder to show him one that was longer then him, Also seen the biggest Perch I've ever seen beside the ones in Gilboa. Temp in the Lake was 55 deg. then when we hit the river it was 57 deg. current still ripping pretty good. We had a couple of Freighters go over us as we drifted under the Bridge. I think that next Friday as long as the vis holds out we will try the Superman again to see the Sturgeon & then maybe after next weekend a drift either in Courtright at Rods or maybe even join the Chatham group down in Port Lambton on Sunday. Any suggestions ?

Hello Everybody i talked to Terry and if vis is very good for fri we will do a another Superman drift and Terry wants to do it and i will bring my camera to take some picture of the Sturgeon so hope see all who wants to dive on fri

Hi John : I also have spoken to Aaron & Jim & Rod they also will join in. I might bring a camera also.

Sorry for not getting back John, the way we discussed the dive plan at the Bridge was to do a drift in Courtright on friday. Rod is aware and he will be bringing his Daughter Miranda for her first dive since OW. We can drift Rods on Friday then do the bridge on Sat. If anyone else wants to we also can drift the Port lambton with the Chatham group on Sunday morning. I will be at Rods dock approx 6:00 to 6:30 pm

Hey Ray i talked to Terry and ok for the drift at Rod's place on Fri and then we are going to do a shortened version of the superman dive going out from the north side of the water treatment plant we park there gear up and go in ok

So see you at Rod's Place on Fri

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom