Submarex Atmos Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WB2GLP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I picked these regs up a few days ago. I figured I would share the pictures since I was only able to Google one or two other images for this brand. I don't know much about them other than what is post on vintagescuba.proboards.com. If anyone has more info on these, I'd love to hear it.

Full size images can be viewed here: Submarex Atmos Scuba Regulator Photos by wb2glp | Photobucket

ContactSheet-001.jpg

Interesting.
The second stage looks like the newer Poseidon.
The first stage looks like a flow through balanced piston with an adjustable IP, by moving the seat in or out.

Do you have any idea of what year this is from?
From the plastic second stages I would be guessing that it is either very late 70's, but more likely from the 80's... I am just guessing.

Based on everything else in the gear bag, I think you're correct. Here are a few of the items which I'm sure were bought at the same time.

SP orange BCD with dual CO2 and right chest dump valve.
SP 250 ft depth gauge with 1 1/2 revolution dial.

Nice info and images! I decided not to hang on to these. Hopefully someone else will appreciate them and add them to their collection. I threw them up on eBay.

Thanks for the information.

From the diagram it looks like the second stage mechanism is in many ways very similar to the Poseidon Cyklon regulator.

From the outside shape I was thinking that it was going to be closer to the Jetstream (pilot valve assisted second stage), but looking at the diagram it is very similar to the Cyklon demand valve.

I bought these based solely on a picture someone sent me of a pile of gear. They were face down in the picture, so naturally I thought I was committing to buy a pair of Poseidon regs. At first glance, seeing the big S on the yoke knob,I thought maybe Scubapro until I took a closer look at the 2nd stages.

Still a pretty cool set and I'm shocked as hell that they work, but holding onto them will only increase my chances of being profiled on Hoarders: Buried Alive!

Still a pretty cool set and I'm shocked as hell that they work, but holding onto them will only increase my chances of being profiled on Hoarders: Buried Alive!

You say that like it's a bad thing...

[video=youtube_share;Ncxxhrp_RKg]http://youtu.be/Ncxxhrp_RKg[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom