Subsurface 2.1 has been released - divelog with native support for the Uemis Zurich

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it me doing something wrong or .. ?

When I download the dives from my Uemis, the locations do not show up in divelog, though they are in the divelog of the Uemis??
All the other date is there, just not the divelogs..

Is it me doing something wrong or .. ?

When I download the dives from my Uemis, the locations do not show up in divelog, though they are in the divelog of the Uemis??
All the other date is there, just not the divelogs..

That's one of the few things that I haven't gotten around implementing (because, frankly, I never used it since typing in location names on the SDA is such a PITA). All I need to do is figure out how this is stored in the database. Shouldn't be too hard to add for the next version.

/D

Thanks for the reply.

An easy and comfortable way to enter the locations is doing it on the uemis website. First sync your SDA, then you enter the dive-sites (much faster with a keyboard), afterwards you can easily select them for each dive and finally sync your SDA again..

Once you have some dives on the SDA, its much easier to find a specific dive when they are properly named. :wink:

Thanks for the reply.

An easy and comfortable way to enter the locations is doing it on the uemis website. First sync your SDA, then you enter the dive-sites (much faster with a keyboard), afterwards you can easily select them for each dive and finally sync your SDA again..

Once you have some dives on the SDA, its much easier to find a specific dive when they are properly named. :wink:

I don't think I've used their website once in the past 17 months since they first went out of business. I instead spent my time on writing a working divelog program that didn't need the website. :D

Speaking of which, the latest development version appears to successfully download and parse the location information from the SDA.

/D

Well I just want to chime in and say thank you for this.

I use Ubuntu 12.04 and finding a piece of software that talks to UEMIS and does it so well really made my day.

Is it right that the idea and original code came from Linus Torvalds?

Anyway, thank you for taking this over and committing your time to something that really benefits our community.

Well I just want to chime in and say thank you for this.

I use Ubuntu 12.04 and finding a piece of software that talks to UEMIS and does it so well really made my day.

Is it right that the idea and original code came from Linus Torvalds?

Anyway, thank you for taking this over and committing your time to something that really benefits our community.

Yes, Linus started Subsurface about 15 months ago. I took over as maintainer earlier this year. And I'm the one who implemented all of the Uemis support for Subsurface.

Interestingly, I'm in the middle of a major rewrite of that code. Subsurface 2.2 will have nicely improved Uemis support...

If you are comfortable building from source and don't mind software in its slightly rougher stages, please join the subsurface mailing list and give the latest bits a test! Just don't use the latest git version on your 'main data file' (unless you have good backups) as there are a few more changes in the works that will modify the way things like deco times are stored in the XML file...

Thanks

/D

Thank you but I am a bit of a beginner with code.
I was lucky enough to be able to fine a .deb file in AMD64 and just used the Ubuntu Software Centre to install it.

I'll have to do a bit more reading before I am comfortable building from source.

Thank you but I am a bit of a beginner with code.
I was lucky enough to be able to fine a .deb file in AMD64 and just used the Ubuntu Software Centre to install it.

I'll have to do a bit more reading before I am comfortable building from source.
No problem. We'll do a new release in a few weeks and then new builds will become available for all platforms.

/D

Hi there,

I´m trying for at least two hours now to download about 150 dives from my uemis - divetime is something about 75minutes per dive. I´m not able to import any dive.

I´m using Windows 7 64bit with subsurface 4.0.3.0 with Uemis SDA 1.21
After some minutes it appears a message that "memory of SDA is full" (sorry - trying ot translate it into english). I keep on disconnecting SDA, switching it off and reconnecting it. What am I doing wrong?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom