Subsurface 4.6 has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirkhh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Subsurface developer team is happy to announce that release 4.6 of the Subsurface dive log program has been released.

You will find many improvements to the user experience (including a fix for spurious errors saving to cloud storage, improvements to the Facebook integration, many improvements to the dive planner and a really cool new heatmap for visualization of tissue loading during a dive). Subsurface can now download data directly from a number of new dive computers (thanks to Jef and the rest of the libdivecomputer developers) and also import several new data formats.
And of course there are a whole lot of bugfixes.

Look at the full announcement, which also includes links to the binaries for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Have just installed the 4.6 and it works fine. Great work guys.
I tried using the check for update in V4.5.2 & got an error could not find the web site, check internet connection.
I was on the internet at the time so I just went to the downloads page, downloaded & did a re-install.

The update backend was down for a few days but should be operational again.
4.6.2 is out and widely used - 4.6.3 (focused mostly on more complete localizations) should follow within a week or so.

Sample from my Linux Mint box Dive Plan
Screenshot from 2017-02-28 18:23:13.png

@dirkhh :

Subsurface isn't opening my existing log...

getting this error: Failed to parse 'C:\Users\rwestfall\AppData\Roaming\Subsurface\rwestfall.xml'

any idea?

PC - version 4.6.3

I am anxiously awaiting support for Bluetooth download from perdix to phone app.

@dirkhh :

getting this error: Failed to parse 'C:\Users\rwestfall\AppData\Roaming\Subsurface\rwestfall.xml'

any idea?

PC - version 4.6.3

Can you open it in e.g. firefox? It won't show you anything you want to see, but it will (normally) try to pretty-print the XML. If the file is corrupt, as your error message seems to indicate, that may show you where/what.

@dirkhh :

any idea?

PC - version 4.6.3

Bob,

Can you navigate to the "C:\Users\rwestfall\AppData\Roaming\Subsurface" there could be a backup database there? If you get it figured out you might use a cloud based storage to save the file to as well. I use Dropbox as I run on both Linux Mint and Windoz 7, both will open the database just fine. Start Subsurface then File tab top left then Preferences.. Default local default file.. Then just below you should see the
C:\Users\rwestfall\AppData\Roaming\Subsurface\rwestfall.xml

The backup file will be named 'rwestfall.bak' if it is there you can copy and rename it.

Hope this helps. Perhaps @dirkhh will check in as well.
Greg

Try changing the file name to .Ssrf not
.XML in had the same issue.

I was able to locate a prior file, so I am sort of back and running. Interestingly enough it appears to be corrupting the file when I input the dive information (Buddy or Instructor) field. The field turns red, and even with a save, it seems to hang up... When I erase them, all is well....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom