Subsurface 5.0 has been released

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirkhh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 5.0 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.

This release brings a complete rewrite of statistics code with many new features and powerful visual statistics for your diving. It allows analysis of various variables against each other and provides standard bar charts, histograms, pie charts, and also scatter plots with regression line calculation.

This version also fixes a few bugs in 4.9.10.

Changes in Subsurface 5.0:

new features:
  • complete rewrite of the statistics code, significantly expanding capabilities

• add preferences option to disable default cylinder types

• planner: allow automatic setpoint changes at specified depths in CCR mode

• add Mares Horizon support

• add Sherwood Sage support

• add support for Ratio 2021 models
bugfixes:
  • make selection of multiple dives reasonable fast

• take into account PSCR pO2 drop when computing CNS and OTU

• fix OTU and CNS calculations for CCR dives at shallow depths

• undo: save to git after editing weights

• undo: reset dive-mode on undo of set-point addition
Please check our Download page for details about how to get the latest release.
Currently, we do not have a version for macOS 10.12 - we are trying to fix that.

Ooh I like the improvements to the statistics component, thank you.

One issue that I'm seeing (if there's nothing apparent that I'm doing wrong, I'll submit an issue on GitHub) is on v5 my SAC coloration is really off (almost entirely green, and some dives where there's some "yellowing" the actual consumption during that segment is better, not worse, than average. Re-installed 4.9.10 side-by-side to capture the differences.

Everything else looks identical (or improved, thanks again for the enhancements!)

EDIT: SB squeezed the images down; if you can't tell, I do have tank capacity (LP95) defined in the Equipment tab.

4.9.10 - Dive A
Subsurface-4.9.10_DiveA.png

5.0.0 - Dive A
Subsurface-5.0.0_DiveA.png

4.9.10 - Dive B
Subsurface-4.9.10_DiveB.png

5.0.0 - Dive B
Subsurface-5.0.0_DiveB.png

Yeah, that's easier to get more of the developers to see it. Obviously not intentional, nor something we noted, but it should be easy enough to fix..

I try to be descriptive :) As a developer, nothing is worse (well, not a lot worse) than a user emailing you saying "this doesn't work" with at best a screenshot that lacks meaningful context!

Can I import my "Divemate" data into SubSurface?

@SD Climber thanks for posting the SAC color question. Mine looks same as yours - all green after the update. I suppose a coincidence that I’m also diving with LP95’s, although I start out significantly over working pressure.

To the developers, it’s helpful being able to group dives by any number of metrics. Thanks for the update!

Can I import my "Divemate" data into SubSurface?
I don't use Divemate myself, but according to a quick web search, there is a "Data Pack" for Divemate which you need to purchase separately which allows you to export your data in a format that Subsurface can read.

Trying to open cloud storage file is crashing version 5 for me. Just closes the app. Same result on 2 devices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom