Subway Water Sports/Turquouise bay trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver32

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just returned from a week at Turquouise bay/Subway water sports. I was with a group of about 40 divers. Everyone had a great time. I found Subway to be well prepared and equipped to handle our group. Thier staff was friendly and very knowledgeable to the local waters. As such a large group we split up on several boats, and our DM and captain took the time to get to know us and find out what we expected from them. After only a few dives we felt like we were diving with old friends vs on a charter boat. I could not have asked for more. The diving was good, the weather and viz were great the only down side I can say if there weren't many large fish. Lion fish were abundant and several members of our group did get a license and shoot quite a few of them. Subways boats are older, but worked fine and we had no issues.

As for Turquouise Bay Resort..... The staff was very, very friendly, the food decent, the resort grounds were nice. Our room however left something to be desired. The mattress was hard as concrete. There was only 1 light in our room bed side lamps would have been nice. The other odd thing we found was no where was there a comfortable place to relax, no furniture in our room, and the bar area only has small wooden chairs.

All in all I would dive with Subway again in a heartbeat, but would seek lodging someplace else.

That was our experience with the Resort two years ago - the accommodations left an awful lot to be desired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom