Suex vr dpv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Preach

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are there people on this forum that already own a suex vr? What are your thoughts on this dpv? It comes pretty cheap and the specs look pretty good (burntime/weight). How is the in water experience? I will be using the dpv for simple local lake dives and some entry technical dives (1 stage mostly, maybe max 2 with doubles as backgas). And did someone experience failures when it comes to the body of the dpv (like flooding)?

I've got a few friends that use them for cave diving. They're not the worlds fastest and won't run miles upon miles upon miles, but they'll do what the majority of recreational cave divers really need at a fraction of the price of everything else.

I've got a few friends that use them for cave diving. They're not the worlds fastest and won't run miles upon miles upon miles, but they'll do what the majority of recreational cave divers really need at a fraction of the price of everything else.

Hey, thanks for your response.
I'm still a novice at cave diving (gue cave 1, 25 cave dives). So i wont be taking a dpv into a cave anytime soon. Its just for some open water dives and simple tech dives.
Ordered 2 of them last week (one for me and one for my gf), hope there worth it! Didn't find useful user reviews of the vr yet, most people i asked about the vr didn't even know such a scooter existed :D.

Please let us know how it goes. I'am very curious about distance and speed with doubles and drysuit. I'am in the same boat, looking for a simple and affordable DPV.

P.s. I'am from the Netherlands too and GUE Fundies diver :)

AJ:
Please let us know how it goes. I'am very curious about distance and speed with doubles and drysuit. I'am in the same boat, looking for a simple and affordable DPV.

P.s. I'am from the Netherlands too and GUE Fundies diver :)

Sure man, i'll keep you posted. The dpv's are scheduled to arrive end of the month.

If you wanne dive sometime let me know, i'm from zuid-holland.

Great, I'am from the northern part. Vinkeveen might be an option?

20180801_150239.jpg

Last week the suex vr's arrived, so it was time for a test dive today. I made a 50 minute dive with a buddy that owns the newer model of the xjoy 37. Overall i'm really happy with the vr. Its more then strong enough for a diver with dry suit and doubles/stages. The 2 things that really miss out on this dpv is the cruise control and the stepless speed control. Also it doesn't have a gauge meter nor a bypass. But then again the price is really appealing, its strong enough and the battery life is good. I think its a perfect scooter if you don't make demanding cave dives. I will be using them for open water dives and i think they are perfect for that, if they proof to be durable ofcourse :D. Another plus is that they only weigh 16.5kg (36lbs) with battery.

To be fair: for the price of these two you would not even get one Xjoy 37. There must be a difference somewhere.

But it's good to hear these small dpv's offer some serious performance. Had my doubts seeing the specs from Suex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom