Suggestions for february?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goingforsound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

I will be on vacation most of february and i want to travel and dive. My company basicaly pays for my plane tickets and i am based in africa. I would need suggestions so i can start thinking and planning.

Red sea is interesting but i read that its the cold months over there at that time of the year.

Since ill be diving and spending the whole month there it has to be cheap. I am also open to liveaboard but im not inclined to deep water crossing because im prone to sea sickness.

As for my profile i am an avid backpacker (means willing to go cheap accomodation), need to rent bcd and reg, aow with 45 dives. Im not looking to get in any kind of troubles (strong currents etc).

What can i see in february for cheap?

Central Philippines ie. Visayas region. Pretty easy to backpack around and language is never an issue. Feb is NOT typhoon season so one less thing to worry about.
There are plenty of threads on diving in Visayas If you like shark then the thresher shark in Malapascua is not to be missed. Whaleshark is also around in Sogod Bay in Feb.
Feb is definitely the low season. And even better if it is after the 1st week of Feb to avoid certain unsavoury crowd from a certain commie country in Asia.

Start from South Leyte(Sogod Bay), Malapascua, Moalboal, Apo Island(including Dumaguete) and Sipalay or vice versa. Four to five destinations with minimal back trekking by using public transport.
If you enter the country through Manila then the airport at Tacloban(Southern Leyte) and Bacolod(Sipalay) should interest you. There is also airport in Cebu(domestic and international) and Dumaguete(domestic).

Apo Island is quite unique on its own. Look it up. BTW, do not mistaken it with Apo Reef which is miles away in another province.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom