Suggestions for Key West Diving This Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scraps

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife, my sister, and I are making a spur-of-the-moment trip to Key West this weekend, and we are looking for suggestions for a suitable dive operator.

We arrive around noon on Saturday on the ferry from Ft. Myers (anyone know if it's likely to run on time?), and are hoping to find a two-tank afternoon reef dive that a) leaves late enough that we can make it from the ferry terminal, and b) can accommodate both divers (my sister and me) and snorkelers (my wife).

We're also looking for a night dive Saturday. We understand my wife will probably need to be a bubble watcher for that. We'll figure out Sunday and Monday once we get there.

For this weekend, we're more interested in being together and seeing healthy reef and biomass than in going deep or diving the wrecks.

I've been to Key West only once, 20+ years ago before I was a diver, so I don't know the area.

If we do two tanks in the afternoon, the evening dive will be my hundredth.

Suggestions?

Good friends have had great things to say about Captains's Corner, but @Wookie may be a good info source given the snorkle/SCUBA combination.

Never had any issues with captains corner

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom