Suggestions for OW Referral Dives in Spring Country

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

handben

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning a trip to northern Florida with my 2 kids at spring break (mid March 2009). My youngest child will be doing his course work and pool dives in Baltimore starting in 2 weeks. He is 11 years old, so will be limited to 40 feet or less. I am asking for suggestions for dive operators or independent instructors (PADI preferred, as this is my son's certification agency) in that area who would be able to do his referral dives. I thought about Ginnie Springs; but they have a minimum age of 12. Crystal River has a couple of dive shops that might work, but I thought that the rest of us would get sort of bored there for 2 days. I have in mind going to some of the other springs in the area such as Troy, Rainbow River, Devil's Den, Blue Grotto. Does anybody have other suggestions for instructors in that general area? Thanks for the help. Ben in Baltimore.

Thanks for the replies. My son starts his class in 9 days and we are trying to go over the first 2 chapters before the class starts. Somehow, Boyles Law is a challenge at age 10. Imagine that. Anyhow, hoepfully he will make it through the classroom sessions and pool sessions and pass that test. Then we'll start trying to iron out who can teach him the open water part. Any more suggestions on operators would be great. Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom