Suggestions for warm water fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So my recent close encounter with a basalt wall has finally convinced me that while I love how maneuverable my Hollis F2's are, they are absolute crap for power. (OTOH I love my F1's for drysuit diving).

I do have a set of Apollo splits, but they're heavy. I've never been a fan of the design of the SP Nova design, what fins should I look at?

Are you looking for neutral buoyancy, or negative? Stiff or flexible? Short or long? Hard to give a good recommendation without knowing more info.

Many people here love the Deep6 Eddys for warm water. Foot pocket is awesome. I use them for both wet (rarely) and drysuit (most of the time), cold water.

Are you looking for neutral buoyancy, or negative? Stiff or flexible? Short or long? Hard to give a good recommendation without knowing more info.
Good questions. I’d prefer neutral to slightly negative, I have some Apollo Bio-fins, but they are heavy to pack and pretry negative. Stiff is okay, my dry suit fins are Hollis F1’s, I’m looking for open heel (of course)

I'd say the Deep 6 Eddy fin unless you need something heavier. The foot pockets are nice and they can easily handle all the precise positioning kicks.

Scubapro GO or GOSport, they are positive but offer all the power you could want. Went to Truk a few years ago and took Eddy’s and the GO, even offered them to other to try, everyone bout some afterward. I ended up only using the GO’s on that trip after everyone else got a shot at them.

The GOSport has a foot pocket that is great for wearing with thick booties, even in a drysuit they perform great.

I bought the SP Go Sport based on a post from Lex. Took them to Coz last summer and they were great. Going to use them playa del carmen in 4 weeks. Great fins!

Scubapro GO Sport

Deep6 Gear Eddy fins.

I swapped another diver my Eddy fins with the SP Go Sport fins for a dive in Utila last year. I hated the SP fins compared to the Eddys fins. They were comfortable, and they worked fine when I was only kicking gently. Anything more than gentle kicks felt like I had limp noodles on my feet.

I've shifted to the Go Sports. Haven't looked back. Great power, slightly positive, short, and light.

So we have three greats and a limp noodles for SP Go-Sport

and from SP :They not only provide you with speed and power, but also with stability and manoeuvrability, all with minimum effort.

Wow all fins should be fantastical like this

I would definitely try the SP Nova design

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom