Suggestions Key Largo area Dec 27th - Jan 2nd or so?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any?

Is this a reasonable time to hit the Keys? What kind of conditions can we expect?

Any resort recommendations? We need a place that can keep a 7-year-old busy while we dive some of the days..... three of us diving, the other two (than myself) w/o much experience, so nothing deep necessary (although one trip to the SG would be nice.)

Fun Dive in the Keys
The best dive I can think of in the Keys is Capt Slate's Creature Feature. He only does the dive on Friday's. The dive is in about 35ft of water. It is really awesome. They do a feeding near The City of Washington. You can pet the sharks and there are many many fish that await the feeding. You have the option of getting a really nice video also. Check CApt Slates website: www.captainslate.com

Places to stay with a 7 year old...hmmm.

Ocean Point Suites has two bedroom condo's that are very nice.

Have fun!

Yes _Kurt_ I did it again! :eek:ut:

is hit or miss, depending on the fronts. Yesterday was flat calm... this morning it's blowing near 30 knots... yikes! Accommodations are on the pricey side during the holidays. Shoreside conditions are wonderful.

I don't know of any resorts with child entertainment programs. Since you're planning mostly shallow dives, why not take the seven year old along? He/she could snorkel while you guys dive.

will probably get really bored in Key Largo. Not a lot going for youngsters; you will more than likely have to provide the entertainment.
As to weather, could be almost anything that time of year - smooth as glass or blowing a stink up.

Slates' got some nice dives and he's been there forever. But the one problem that I find (when taking the kids) is that theres no hotles around his shop. If ya go a little furter south of there at MM 100 there is a Holiday Inn on one of the main canals and the are 3 good charters right at your back door (SeaDwellers, Ocean Divers and Scuba Doo) also the Holiday Inn is within walking distance of all kinds of Fast Food and Restaraunts, and has a couple of pools on site and some other touristy stuff ro the kids.

Will check into that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom