Suggestions on where to stay in Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Madmanmike

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I searched this forum and there are some posts about Moalboal, but most also discuss other locations on Cebu.

I have been instructing on Malapascua since June of last year, and the 4am dives have finally tired me out. I really enjoy the Thresher Shark sightings, but I really dislike 4am, so it is time to move on.

I want to check out Moalboal. I have never been there, and I am looking for suggestions on where to book a room for a week or 2 and the dive shops that I should definitely check out. I will be looking to move and work there, and I understand the business of finding work here. Of course I want to dive there as well, at a variety of shops.

I am not a rich man, so upper end resorts are out of my budget, but not interested in roach motels either.

I appreciate any info and suggestions you can give. I am currently active with both PADI and SSI and would love to work in a shop that offers both.

Thank you,
Michael

Last edited:
Dive with Ocean Safari Philippines(Nelson) and stay at Eve's Kiosk(next door), brother and sister.

In 2013 I stayed at Savedra Beach Bungalows and did all my diving with Savedra Dive Center. One of my top 10 dive trips.

In 2013 I stayed at Savedra Beach Bungalows and did all my diving with Savedra Dive Center. One of my top 10 dive trips.

Just got back from savedra (diving+bungalow), rather disappointing.

I'd suggest anyone is going to the area to be v careful about making full payment before arrival. I wish I could try other dive shops but I booked and paid in full for sevedra, so I was pretty much stuck :(

I've been out with Blue Abyss on 2 different trips, good enough operator, basic standard for the Phils Panga, 2 dives reasonable cost, local guides. Have stayed at the Blue Orchid (nicer but expensive), Bonita Oasis ( less expensive but friendly staff).

I stayed and dived last summer with Cebu dive center. Affordable clean room and good diving. I was happy there and would come back again.

seems like this post dissapeared, reason? thanks

Just got back from savedra (diving+bungalow), rather disappointing.

I'd suggest anyone is going to the area to be v careful about making full payment before arrival. I wish I could try other dive shops but I booked and paid in full for sevedra, so I was pretty much stuck :(

Thanks to all for the information and suggestions. We finally contacted Lindy's and are going to stay there for a week while we look around and see if we find something we like better, if not, Lindy's has a monthly rent of 12,000 pesos.

Leaving in a few days, looking forward to the change in scenery. Been on Malapascua long enough. Love the Thresher dive, but really tired of 4 am wake-ups.

Thanks again, all,
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom