• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Suit filed in case of "Girl dead, boy injured at Glacier National Park

Discussion in 'Diving Litigation' started by Jim Lapenta, May 6, 2021.

1. Subcooled

Subcooled ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I started to read but at some point I got other things to do... the text was rather long... and so I only commented on a comment. Apparently, this was the wrong solution.

2. wetb4igetinthewater

wetb4igetinthewater Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I'm not sure how much you read but I did note that you edited your comment. I was about to address the part you deleted.

3. sabbe

sabbe ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    While I agree with you not all agencies can pre-order certifications its hardly unethical.

SSI lets me future date a certification. I can for example date a certification for next Tuesday and print a physical c-card. If the student completes all the skills this weekend we hand the student their card underwater during their final dive and they have it to take all the selfies they want, and can carry it on a plane if they're leaving on a dive vacation. Great customer service - achieved. If the student doesn't complete all the skills I don't hand them the card and I cancel the future certification with a mouse-click. If I wait until after the future certification date to try to cancel a certification its a littler more complicated - I would have to speak to a human on the phone.

Considering the shop prints the c-cards practically for free its insane other agencies charge around $50.

Sam

tridacna and Marie13 like this.