suit for early May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm heading down on a cruise in early May and would love to get a dive or two in. I'll be bringing most of my gear to do some snorkeling and figure it isn't that much extra space to grab the bc and reg. I'm not really sure what to expect for water temps and I am not that knowledgeable about what is needed in warmer water. I have a 3mm shorty and a full length 3mm farmer john from my kayaking days. Will one of these be enough or should I just bring my drysuit? Maybe just a 1mm top underneath the 3mil?

I was down on the last week of April two years ago and did some snorkeling and swimming with no neoprene and was still comfortable after 2.5 hours, so I am wondering if I can get by with only the shorty?

Extended exposure shouldn't be an issue as I will only be getting a few dives in. I'm going down with my mother who require a bit of care so can't completely take off.

Thanks,

John

3 mil should be fine, drysuit would certainly be overkill.

D.

JohnL:
I'm heading down on a cruise in early May and would love to get a dive or two in. I'll be bringing most of my gear to do some snorkeling and figure it isn't that much extra space to grab the bc and reg. I'm not really sure what to expect for water temps and I am not that knowledgeable about what is needed in warmer water. I have a 3mm shorty and a full length 3mm farmer john from my kayaking days. Will one of these be enough or should I just bring my drysuit? Maybe just a 1mm top underneath the 3mil?

I was down on the last week of April two years ago and did some snorkeling and swimming with no neoprene and was still comfortable after 2.5 hours, so I am wondering if I can get by with only the shorty?

Extended exposure shouldn't be an issue as I will only be getting a few dives in. I'm going down with my mother who require a bit of care so can't completely take off.

Thanks,

John

Thanks...didn't want to drag more than I need, but didn't want to be cold. It will be a nice change from the local 39deg water!

Back
Top Bottom