Suites Bahia/Fiesta Americana/Living Underwater/BlueXTSea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbjclj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We decided to take a 3 week trip in November, rather thanour usual 2 week visit. We wanted to stay in town, so we could go toall the restaurants we often miss. Wesplit our diving each trip with BlueXTSeaand Living Underwater because wethink they are both quality shops andoffer the valet service we enjoy.

Suites Bahia-Westayed one week and got the oceanfrontroom and loved it. The room was hugewith refrigerator and microwave. It is very basic, but included a greatbreakfast at Casa Mexicana.
Lunches at WetWendy’s, Otates -2x, Casa Denis,Sabores. I really wanted to eat at the torta/tacostand on the waterfront in front of Suites Bahia, but didn’t have time. This guy was non-stop busy from9:30-3:00. He also washed his handsafter every order and after handling money. Has anyone eaten there??

Dinners Del Sur 2x ( a new favorite) everything wasfabulous, Le Chef 2x –Wonderful food and service, French Quarter-Yum, Kelly’s-hadto watch the LSU/Alabama game ,Guidos- If you can believe it , I had the macaroni and cheese with bacon-incredible! A young couple we werediving with said they had it 2 times. Prima – I think we are done with Prima,the food wasn’t that great and they have an “attitude” The fun part was we had Birthday Dinner withJeremy, Paola, Kentmorrdave (“cookie dave) and Tammy, Gina and Craig and Peteand Cherie

Living Underwater-Jeremy picked us up right across the street at the Aldora pier. We dove with Mario for several days and hewas full of funny stories and a great divemaster. Francisco and Ricardo are priceless. The “Jewfish” is an incredible boat, withlots of room and wonderful camera tank. Steel tanks make your bottom time last “forever” Jeremy runs a wonderful operation.

Fiesta Americana-2 weeks. We have stayed there at leasttwice a year since 2000, but stopped about 3 years ago when their prices gotout of hand. We got a great deal thistime and had a wonderful time. They arenow All Inclusive and that was fine with us. The price was so good, that wecould still go into town for dinner if we wanted. Breakfast and lunch were buffet, but youcould order omelets etc. We
love getting off the boat and going right to lunchoverlooking the water. Many of the samewaiters were there from years past and were so welcoming and happy to see usagain. We ate most nights at the Italianrestaurant. Wonderful calamari, Caesar salad,lasagna….most choices are great!

BlueXTSea-Wehave been diving with Christi, Pedro , Mago and now Miguel for years and love them. Pedro is the best!! I am always amazed at what he finds. We were diving with Royce and Jay and they franticallymotioned for me to see something. I wasastonished to see an “amazing yellow frogfish”, and of course began snappingpictures and thinking “ I have never seen anything like this here”. I look over and they are all laughing. One ofthem had put a rubber yellow chicken in a crevice. Dove with lots of old friends and had a greatThanksgiving Eve at Marcie and Dave’s

Back again in April or May

Jay and Cheryl

could you give prices on the restaurants you went to?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom