Summer Hours return to CSSP - 4/6/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kinda late i know i dont know you guys, but if ya don't mind what kind of cars or trucks should i be looking for? i drive a black kia soul.

it was nice meeting you all today. i was a bit rustyer than i thought. but over all not bad for i first dive in 2 years, on new equipment with a new config.

made it out OK. 2nd dive much smother, made a 360 sweep of the plane. was going to make a 3rd dive but climbing the hill for a 4th time with gear on my back caused me to have a mild pull in the left gastrocnemius medial head (upper inside calf muscle) felt it pop as i came up the hill after you all left. im good no pain soreness ect.. except that one muscle and only when i flex it the wrong way.

so here's my plan i should have my mk16 primary back in 2 weeks, ill send out the 2nd stage and have it adjusted. i will send out my two singles for hydro that will take about 2 weeks. it will take at least a week or two for me to treat and heal my calf 100% (i have a ultrasonic device for pulled muscle treatment) so i think give it 2 1/2 weeks top weeks and i will be back out there with no issues and i wont get lost this time because the gps has the right location this time.....oh well enough excuses i'm not in perfect shape yet but i'm getting there.

Nice meeting you as well, Merchant. I'm sorry that we couldn't get that first dive in together, but yesterday was a schedule limited day for me. Most Saturdays I can stay until dark or beyond, but I had to leave at 2. That said, if I wanted to get in two dives I had to push it.

Sorry to hear about your injury. When you get your equipment up to date and get over your injury, look us up. The odds are likely that we will be out there.

Safe dives,

Cyp

thanks, its not that bad. im walking around "carefully" was able to pack up all my gear , hobble back down to the dock grab my fins (i was going to do a 3rd dive) drive home 3hr's, un pack all my gear wash it and hang it to dry. go out to dinner, i wasnt up for cooking. with rest ice compression and elevation, mixed with ultrasound, whirl pool and recovery supliments its healing fast.

as for sat it was a learning experience for me,
1 1st real dive with a long hose, pools don't count. i had forgotten the correct way to route it from last year's practice.
2 don't forget the backup
3 don't climb up a long hill with 50+lbs on my back after lifting new records 2 days before (the muscle will still be rebuilding and weak)
4 worked out my weights , don't need ankle weight any more but i do need a tank weight with out my back plate.
5 learned i should get the full story on what my buddy's are planing to do.... stress and rescue most don't play dead that well......
6 got to meet some new people and dive safe till i was comfortable in the water again.

over all good day, could have done without the calf pull but im good, and its not a groin pull..... had one of those a year ago... now that's pain on a level you dont want to feel.

Hey there Merchant, glad that you made it out Saturday. It was good to meet you.

We'll be going to CSSP continually throughout the spring and summer. Give us a shout and maybe we can get together.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2012 at 10:31 AM ----------

A little video showing the raising of the USMC colors at CSSP this weekend: Clear Springs Scuba Park - 4/7/12 - YouTube

will be back out there in two -3 weeks tops, just booked my vacation Aug 18-25th 14 dives (got my new passport today) so 130 days and i'm out of here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom