Summer Road Trip: Yellowstone? Jackson Hole?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Woo-hoo! This is a busy forum. :wink:

So I'm planning yet another road trip this coming summer. Ha. My goal will be diving up in British Columbia and Puget Sound, maybe Alaska if I make it that far.

Once again I'll probably be passing through Yellowstone and would love to dive there. I hear Jackson Lake (?) has some great diving too.

If you get the bug to go diving this summer, please give me a shout. Or -- gawd ferbid! -- if you're gainfully unemployed during the summer and want to plan a truly epic Western US camping/diving trip through CA, OR, WA, BC and AK, we should talk.

(To infinity, and beyond!)

glenn

For yellowstone I recommend diving the fire hole river. Contact either Bret or Ashley with Idaho Dive Pirates out of Idaho Falls. I will be doing Cliff and Wade lakes around last week of June. Both of the lakes are just north of the Idaho border on the Montana side. Not a whole lot to see but crystal clear vis. I'm going to be hitting up new port Oregon mid July as well. My shift days are Sundays and Tuesdays so if your up in this neck of the woods and want a dive partner let me know. I'm in Twin Falls but 5 hours of drive time is no big deal for dive time.

Reactions: g2
Cool. I'll be in WA and British Columbia that last week in June, but coming back through Oregon mid-July.

I'm surprised you're not diving Earthquake Lake since there may be an underwater town there. Do they allow diving there?

Back
Top Bottom