Sunday 6-22 Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wilderydude83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A few of us will be searching for fossils and such this sunday. Hope to see some of you locals out there.

R-

Just completed my first, long awaited, venice beach dive. We made two dives the first being a kayak dive and both from the public beach. Upon arrival there were some storms to the north which gave us some pretty windy conditions with seas about 2ft. We paddled out approx. .53 miles and dropped anchor. Vis was about 6ft when we reached the bottom and with minimal snot. The floor was mostly sand with little rubble patches which is where we found most of our teeth and fossils. I was surprised there wasn't very much aquatic life, wit the exception of lots of coral, but that was probably because of the low vis.
Our second dive me made from the beach and went out a little past the swim buoys. We descended down onto a really cool reef. Because this dive was made a little later in the day the wind had picked up and reduced the vis considerably. There was a variety of fish including some very large snook. Most of our teeth were found on this location. Overall a very successful dive. Well worth the drive!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom