Sunday April 10th Deep Run Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I'll be at Deep Run Park about 10am tommorow.
Mike will be with me. Derek has met him, I don't know if anyone else has.
Debbie might come too, but probably not diving.

Rick,

We'll probably be almost getting out of the water by the time you guys get there, we're meeting at 8:30am. You and I are going to dive together one of these days! :D

You could do a second dive. I've got a full 104 I'll bring along (I'll be diving my doubles).

I just missed you at the shop today. I was returning equipment from my class today. Darryl said you left a few minutes before I got there.

Actually there will be no diving for me today. Equipment issues and a sick child added to the mix.

I may not dive again until I get my doubles, I'm sick of messing with single tanks and the headaches.

Sorry to hear. Talk to you soon.

My Buddy should be here to pick me up any minute now.

Looks like a beautiful day, Enoy it!!

Rick

Derek S:
.................[snip].................

I may not dive again until I get my doubles, I'm sick of messing with single tanks and the headaches.

What equipment issues??
What's the headache with singles??

When will your doubles be in??

We followed the pipeline to the box. My buddy turned the dive on account of being cold. I didn't mind at all, My fingers were getting pretty numb. Drygloves next time!!
It was starting to get pretty dark at 45', My new 21w HID is awesome!! :)

37f at depth, 41f at the surface.

What a beautiful day!!
We saw some other LED members and met some more folks too.

It was nice to get wet on Sunday. I tried out my new drysuit and Froze my butt off! :11:
I ordered an undergarment but it isn't here yet. I was probably dressed for 55f not 40f. All that aside, overall I was pleased with the suit, I had a great time and met some deep run "regulars".
Derek - Sorry you couldn't make it. I was hoping we could dive together. :frown:

Maybe next time. I won't be able to get back there for a couple of weeks.

Jeff

Tavi:
What equipment issues??
What's the headache with singles??

When will your doubles be in??

We followed the pipeline to the box. My buddy turned the dive on account of being cold. I didn't mind at all, My fingers were getting pretty numb. Drygloves next time!!
It was starting to get pretty dark at 45', My new 21w HID is awesome!! :)

37f at depth, 41f at the surface.

What a beautiful day!!
We saw some other LED members and met some more folks too.

Rick,

I had issues with my Cam straps (I know, I know - it was late and I was tired) and I couldn't unscrew my LP inflator wing hose from one of my MK25s (they were still set up for doubles from my DIR-F class. I sat there for like an hour with the darn straps and couldn't get 'em threaded correctly.

On top of it, my son has a nasty ear infection that just made him miserable. When my buddy Mark called on Sunday morning, I just decided to bag it, stay home and earn the brownie points with the wife for helping out with the boys. :D

I'm going to call Darryl on Tuesday to tell him which tanks to order. I still am undecided on which way to go. It's definitely down to Luxfer AL 80s or PST 130s, but as far as between them, I'm still up in the air. I know deep down I should go with the 80s, but something keeps nagging at me telling me to go with the 130s.

You dove wetgloves? Man, you are brave! I hope they were 7mm 3-fingered mitts!

Gald to hear you like the new HID!

NetPro:
It was nice to get wet on Sunday. I tried out my new drysuit and Froze my butt off! :11:
I ordered an undergarment but it isn't here yet. I was probably dressed for 55f not 40f. All that aside, overall I was pleased with the suit, I had a great time and met some deep run "regulars".
Derek - Sorry you couldn't make it. I was hoping we could dive together. :frown:

Maybe next time. I won't be able to get back there for a couple of weeks.

Jeff

Jeff,

Glad to hear you made it out, sorry I couldn't be there. I plan on starting to make it out every weekend from now on. What undergarment did you go with?

Derek

Derek S:
Rick,I'm going to call Darryl on Tuesday to tell him which tanks to order. I still am undecided on which way to go. It's definitely down to Luxfer AL 80s or PST 130s, but as far as between them, I'm still up in the air. I know deep down I should go with the 80s, but something keeps nagging at me telling me to go with the 130s.

Hey Derek, just some info about the PST's from Darryl, I thought about the E-8 130's, but Darryl showed me the price difference between the 119's and the 130's. The 130's are about $150 bucks more than the 119's. The PST E-7 100's and the E-8 119's are the same price. I thought about it and that was the reason I went with the 119's instead. $ $ $ $

But HEY, what am I talking about your rich. :D Just thought I'd let you know.

I'm going to a Scuba Rummage sale tonight, the guy was an instructor and is getting out of diving, no more time. YA-HOO for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom