Sunset Beach Condos, South San Pedro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thebigdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In reading several trip reports on travel websites, I see where travellers and owners that rent condos state there is a dive operator at Sunset Beach Condos or just next door but I've never seen a name of the operation.

Does anyone know the name of this operation and in general how it operates. Going to Belize next month and fiancee doesn't like hauling the tanks to the boat very far so looking more for an op that is more service oriented for her.

thanks for the other threads and all the informative reading to all the posters.

I'm not sure exactly where Sunset Beach is (I do know roughly), but I imagine it's referring to Suya tours, who I believe have a dive section. That said, most of the established dive centers in and around San Pedro will pick up and drop off there. My dive center did, Island Divers and Amigos del Mar do, to name just a few.

Peter, Sunset Beach is the blue place immediately south of the very pink Caribe Islands condos down south.

Peter may be right about Suya Tours, but in any event he is definitely right about how your diving will be handled. The dive operator may ask you to come to their shop the first day or they will send a boat for you. After your gear is all organized, you shouldn't need to worry about it again. The boat should show up on your dive days with your gear already set up on tanks. When your dive day is over, they would normally drop you off at your hotel dock. All you'll have to do is grab whatever belongings you don't want them to keep for you at the shop overnight. The next dive day, they'll pick you up all gear set up on tanks, wetsuit at the ready. At least that is what should happen. :)

If you like to take care of your own gear then you will have to make that clear to the operator. AND in that case, will have to make your way to the dive op every dive day to set everything up before the boats go out. At the end of dive days, you'll be taking care of your gear at the dive shop but they will or should be able to safely store your gear overnight. Again in that case, you may need to make your own way back to your hotel.

thanks for the feedback so far. chillyinCanada question for you. What operators down there actually do what you say about the gear. That is exactly what my fiancee would like so it's worry free.

thanks again.

As for as I know, they all do it. Why not contact Sunset and ask the specifically who they use, then you could ask that dive op yourself. Or just go with Amigos del Mar, who I can guarantee do it that way. I know this because that's who I do most of my diving with.

I don't know about Suya Tours because I don't really know much about them at all (other than that they are nearby and easily the closest operator to the resort), but all the dive centers I know will do what has been said. FWIW my preference would be for Island Divers - they do things mostly the way I used to.

Last edited:
I will support that recommendation for Island Divers. Love the owners Rudy and Vainey!

A Third Strong vote for Rudy Duran and his Island Divers. Although I won't be diving with them this spring, I've been with them for the last 4+ years. They are a "only hold your hand if you want them to" dive shop that keeps a watchful eye. Good divemasters and small boats.

Thanks All, plane tickets bought, resort reserved; now just to survive the wedding and lead up to it and my new bride and I will be enjoying some nice diving in Belize

Have a great trip and be sure to publish a trip report here when you return!

Back
Top Bottom