Sunset Waters Resort on Curacao is Permanently Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
SUNSET WATERS BEACH RESORT IN CURACAO HAS OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR BUSINESS……………

FOR ALL RESERVATOINS PAID VIA CREDIT CARDS, PLS CONTACT YOUR CC COMPANY AND DISPUTE CHARGES.

PLS CONSIDER ALL FUTURE RESERVATIONS CANCELLED , PLS MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS.

MORE INFO WILL BE SENT WHEN ALL FINAL , A PRESS RELEASE WILL BE SENT.

WHOLESALERS PLS REMOVE SUNSET WATERS CURACAO FROM YOUR INVENTORY.

temporarily stickied....

Interesting that the Sunset Waters website is still up and running with no notice of closing. Reservation link still seems to be active, at least 1st few steps. How about Sunset Divers? My impression was that they were independent but, even if correct, I would imagine they got the majority of their business from the resort next door.

Sad, was on my short list for a visit in the near future. Maybe it will emerge and be available once again.

Good diving, Craig

Interesting that the Sunset Waters website is still up and running with no notice of closing. Reservation link still seems to be active, at least 1st few steps. How about Sunset Divers? My impression was that they were independent but, even if correct, I would imagine they got the majority of their business from the resort next door.

Sad, was on my short list for a visit in the near future. Maybe it will emerge and be available once again.

Good diving, Craig

Sunset Divers is also closed. They stopped receiving payment for their services in March '09 by the hotel. Lynn is packing up now. Not sure where she's headed or if she landed another job on the island yet. Tragic. They were a great dive Op.

I just want to put down a note to tell the other side of this story.
Just to put it into perspective.

Sunset Divers itself has failed to pay taxes for almost 5 years.
So, it is not only the hotel's fault. The service to the customers was very good, but management and then specially people management was not Lynn's best quality. A lot of people have left the diveshop over the years because of her inability to communicate with her staff.
There were a lot of people working in the diveshop without the proper papers.

Both Lynn and Dave (assistant manager) were working on the island of Curacao without permits for years as well. What kind of message are you sending to your (local) staff by allowing this ?

This is for all the diveshop owners that do not care about regulations and their staff... Be carefull, this may happen to you as well

Hello jjBown,

Welcome to the scubaboard.
Your profile is still blank, leading me to some questions:

Can you explain your position in this case? Are you involved with the management, the police, the tax people or just happen to know these facts.

About the hotel:
Next tuesday there will be a public auction of the complete hotel inventory. If needed the auction will be continued on the next day.

K

Last edited:
Too bad. We only used Sunset Water once, but we enjoyed our stay. Diving was good too, although the PADI course director we were travelling with did have a few issues with the dive operation, which he took to PADI. Nothing huge, but things he felt needed attention, if they were to hold the PADI 5 star.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom