DIR- Generic Super discouraged - Looking for replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dann0

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
**** DISREGARD THIS FOR NOW, IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE*****

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Becoming a cave diver has been a goal of mine ever since I started diving. I was hoping to take the first steps towards that a few months ago by taking my fundies course. Unfortunately I got sick and had a blocked ear canal (past surgeries were supposed to prevent this) and I was unable to attend. I rescheduled the class for may and was fired up to go. It even gave me a bit more time to add to my setup. Unfortunately life sucks sometimes and I had to cancel on them again. I'm going through a career change and now won't be able to take time off for a while. I also really feel bad for putting out the instructors. They weren't able to fill the spot with my ear and now its within 90 days of the next class so the stress is on them.

I was thinking if anyone on here was interested in taking fundies and could go in may they may be able to take my spot. The class is in high springs, May 4-7, and It is paid 100% and if it was ok with them you could slide in on my behalf. Let me know if anyone is interested and perhaps I could facilitate communication. I would rather someone benefit from this than have it go to waste.

Wow what an offer.

So sorry! That's with Mer, right? I have some coaching scheduled with her for just after that Fundies class. She is booked solid, so this is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to train with Mer.

Are you asking for reimbursement or for someone to take your place free of charge?

Someone to take my place. The class has been paid for but you would still be on the hook for GUE registration and Learning materials. 100-150 bucks if I remember right.

Someone to take my place. The class has been paid for but you would still be on the hook for GUE registration and Learning materials. 100-150 bucks if I remember right.

I may be able to swing this and also have a deal for you. I'm signed up for her class in Kentucky (Sept 2-5) with the $200.00 deposit already paid. (I am waiting on others to join the class.) Maybe—we could swap places? I don't want you to miss out on this class and I am doing it over again to start the process of an instructor internship (need recert and tec pass) so I may be able to "watch" the Kentucky class with you in it in September.

So basically, we swap places and I pay your way for the Kentucky class as the payments come up. minus in Registration and Learning materials.

@Dann0 Sorry about the troubles. Maybe it's not meant to be. Life is a dynamic process. Things do happen beyond our control.
Your instructor is a good source of guidance even when things do go according to plan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom