... support for my CooToo (edited)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mainedvr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am writing to let you know that I have for the last several weeks been patiently trying to get support from DiveNav regarding my CooToo Dual gas analyzer and have not received one helpful response actually not a singe product issue related response. The only response I have received is to contact via an email and still have not received a response.

I am not able to link to my Android 6.0.1 which is above the minimum that is in the literature. Just so you know I am in the process of trying to return the product and will no longer purchase any products or services from your company. I have had this analyzer for one month and again have patiently waited for any responses and still nothing, very disappointing.

I am writing to let you know that I have for the last several weeks been patiently trying to get support from DiveNav regarding my CooToo Dual gas analyzer and have not received one helpful response actually not a singe product issue related response. The only response I have received is to contact via an email and still have not received a response.

I am not able to link to my Android 6.0.1 which is above the minimum that is in the literature. Just so you know I am in the process of trying to return the product and will no longer purchase any products or services from your company. I have had this analyzer for one month and again have patiently waited for any responses and still nothing, very disappointing.

I've had quite a few people express interest in my cootwo, and until recently have always sung it's praises and heartily recommended that people get one. Since they recently made it very clear that they loathe customers using Android (and no, I don't think that's an inaccurate term, nor too strong), and have absolutely no intention of providing support, I'll be recommending against the purchase of any DiveNav products whenever the topic comes up in conversation.

I unfortunately have little choice but to continue using mine for the time being (it at least works consistently in standalone mode), until I get the money set aside for a different analyzer. That might actually be a mixed blessing, however, since it's produced plenty of inquiries in the past... no reason to think that will change anytime soon.

Did you purchase your unit from a retailer, or directly from DiveNav? If the former, hopefully the retailer will be reasonable and willing to work with you. If the latter case, I'm thinking that a credit card chargeback would be 100% warranted if they give you any grief (or simply fail to respond, again) concerning the return.

For what it's worth, I just noticed that they do have a phone number listed on DiveNav's Facebook page. They might find that more difficult to ignore, assuming (and it's a very big assumption) that it's accurate and goes to an actual person instead of straight to voicemail.

Good luck!

This is probably obvious, but try to ensure the retainer (assuming you didn't purchase directly from DiveNav) understands that it's being returned because the company is unresponsive to legitimate support requests. It may prompt them to reevaluate whether or not the DiveNav line is even worth offering.

I also am fed up with this device.
1. No simple directions on how to use the cootwo as a stand alone.
2. iTunes doesn't recognize the app My Nitroxbuddy
3. device won't sync on my iPhone with Bluetooth on.
4. Apparently the O2 sensor needs to be replaced every year
5. The CO sensor needs to be calibrated ($50.00) every year and replaced every two years

I'm used to just picking up a random O2 analyzer, calibrating it and then getting an O2 reading with no hassle in minutes. This cootwo is a major pain unless someone can point me to some simple directions (they are not on the web site).

Last edited:
I got mine when they did the kickstarter but was never really able to get it to work and gave up at the time. I don't even recall any more what my issues were. Never did try to contact support. Maybe I'll have to give it another go and pursue it harder.

Glad I never got mine.....

Jim...

I also am fed up with this device.
1. No simple directions on how to use the cootwo as a stand alone.
2. iTunes doesn't recognize the app My Nitroxbuddy
3. device won't sync on my iPhone with Bluetooth on.
4. Apparently the O2 sensor needs to be replaced every year
5. The CO sensor needs to be calibrated ($50.00) every year and replaced every two years

I'm used to just picking up a random O2 analyzer, calibrating it and then getting an O2 reading with no hassle in minutes. This cootwo is a major pain unless someone can point me to some simple directions (they are not on the web site).
Odd:

I'm happy with mine

1) I found directions on how to use it stand alone ediving.us • View topic - Possible to use cootwo standalone (without smartphone)
2) You mean the App Store? Nitroxbuddy and cootwo Smart Gas Analyzers for SCUBA diving on the App Store
3) What vesion of iPhone? I have no problem with a 6c
4) Not true.
5) ibid

1. Thanks for that info, not on their web site that I could find
2. I searched the app store with what they called the app (my nitroxbuddy) and got message "unavailable"
But I do see that if I enter cootwo I get the app.
4. and 5. If not true they need to change the info on their web site.

Just chiming in to add another person to the "haven't had any problems" list. It's not the simplest tester I've ever used but it works pretty well after I look back at the instructions. I've used it with three or four different Android devices without a problem.

Just found this thread. I've had nothing but problems with configuring, calibrating and three failed attempts to actually use it for analyzing gas on scuba trips. I really would like some answers on how to get out of this thing.

At one time, I was actually able to connect it to the app and calibrate it. Now, every time I press "reconnect" the app crashes. Install, reboot, reinstall, reconnect, crash...ad infinitum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom