Sure-Lock II too sensitive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Emerlin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I've owned a Seaquest Pro-Unlimited for years and never had any problem with the sure-lock system. I recently moved to a new BCD Dimension with Sure-Lock II. I find that the locking mechanism is too sensitive and can easily be ''unlocked'' during a dive. It actually happened to me when I was diving in strong current over a wreck. I remember a contact with my bcd and the structure then 20-30 seconds later the pocket slided out...

When loaded with lead, I can quite easily disconnect it with light pressure.... Can the tightness be increased? I did not bring the BCD back for servicing yet...

thx

Hi, I've owned a Seaquest Pro-Unlimited for years and never had any problem with the sure-lock system. I recently moved to a new BCD Dimension with Sure-Lock II. I find that the locking mechanism is too sensitive and can easily be ''unlocked'' during a dive. It actually happened to me when I was diving in strong current over a wreck. I remember a contact with my bcd and the structure then 20-30 seconds later the pocket slided out...

When loaded with lead, I can quite easily disconnect it with light pressure.... Can the tightness be increased? I did not bring the BCD back for servicing yet...

thx
I had the same issue- the pouches were securely locked in place (audible "click") on the boat just before jumping in, but when I lightly brushed a structure during a wreck dive, one of them popped out. This happened twice. Also, when doing multiple dives to this wreck (HMS Yukon), I found someone else's sure-lock II laying in the sand. A good indication I'm not the only one with this problem.

I couldn't find a solution such as an adjustment to the mechanism.

Sadly, because except for this issue I loved my Aqualung Balance BCD, I replaced it with a Zeagle Brigade which has a highly secure Velcro cover on the weight release ripcord system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom