Surface Report- Folly's Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.X

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
The dog and I visited Folly's Cove during the labor day weekend to see after-effects of Hurricane Irene. The water looked pretty clear and there seemed to be a few dive classes in session. Overall, for a Labor Day weekend very few folks. At Stage Fort the sea spray from Irene basically killed all the grass and beach roses on the walk. Kind of a bummer.

Anyway, thought I'd post a few pics from the surface for fun.

Cheers,

X Folly's.jpgFolly's clarity.jpg

Not Bad.....Looks pretty clear!

Cheers Porgy! I should preface that the water shot was at high tide. I didn't see much in the way of new stuff strewn on the beach. So I imagine quite good???? However, not as good as your wreck discovery !!!! :)

Thanks X....Got some S**T for my actions. IT's no ''exoctic'' wreck. Just a old motorboat in the middle of nowhere.

Was at Old Garden last Friday afternoon for 2 dives. Seems like they have lost a little sand there due to Irene, as at high tide the water was basically touching the sea wall. Vis was not bad once we got below 15 feet...maybe 10 feet of vis.

Chris

Thanks X....Got some S**T for my actions. IT's no ''exoctic'' wreck. Just a old motorboat in the middle of nowhere.

Envy makes people say stupid things. JWD!

Dove Folly early afternoon on the 4th, incoming tide. It was VERY calm. Viz was not great, actually, but the lack of surge really made the right side and out quite a nice dive as the usually active silt-covered kelp was very still.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom