Surface Supply - Restricted or Unrestricted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rather like the single malt at the Grill Bar on Union Street in Aberdeen. :)

Thanks for all the help and the humor! Ultimately I would like to do saturation diving. I'm young and I'm not tied down by family or a mortgage, so being stuck in an underwater prison sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks is fine with me. :D However, considering I need at least a years worth of experience in the off shore field before taking a saturation diving course, my main priority at this point is working off shore. Unless of course there's a school that offers a saturation diving course besides The Underwater Centre in Tasmania / Scotland where you don't need a years experience beforehand?

I've heard good things about DIT and I'm definitely considering going there. A 28 week program with an %85 graduate employment rate sounds a lot more realistic than the 12 week program at TUC in Tasmania who claim they have a %100 graduate employment rate. Mind you, I've also heard there's more work in the Southern Hemisphere which may help validate their claim. Whether or not this is true is beyond me, does anyone have any insight on this rumor?

Also, if anyone has attended either of these schools and could share some words of wisdom with me that would be highly appreciated! I'm trying to get as much info on these schools as possible before making a decision.

Thanks again for the help, Kyle

Back
Top Bottom