SurfGF in Rec mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems the only way to display SurfGF in Rec mode on the Teric is to configure it to display in one of the home screen windows. In Tec mode, you can press the bottom right INFO button to cycle through the info screens one of which has GF, GF99, and SurfGF. In Rec mode this is GF, GF99, and TTS... no way to see SurfGF without having it on all the time on the home screen.

As a purely Rec diver, SurfGF is not something I would use all the time, merely a curiosity. I would rather use the top right display box and home screen boxes to display more useful information to me like T1, GTR, SAC rate, and TEMP as I have mine currently configured. But I'd still like to see SurfGF when I'm playing around at my safety stops.

Same wish here :)
For me SurfGF is also only relevant at the end of a dive and otherwise clutters up the screen.

Unfortunately the natural place for SurfGF is the GF info screen (like in other modes) where it has been replaced with TTS, which you also don't want to get get rid of in Rec mode in case you run into deco.

I personally would prefer "TTS" to replace "@+5" on the Ceiling info screen in Rec mode and leave "SurfGF" on the GF info screen.
That way I have "TTS" and "Δ+5" on the same screen. And the lost "@+5" should be just "TTS" + "Δ+5".

But probably everybody has a different preference here. I for example don't want "Δ+5" to be replaced with anything even in rec mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom