Surprising design of the new Flathead 8... normal or NOT?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

houlejon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My buddy just bought the Zeagle F8.

He is really concern about the fact that a huge knob can be unscrewed easilly by hand on the first stage.

Capture.JPG

What are the consequence if this knob get lost during a dive?
Is it normal that this norm was easilly opened by hand? This seems very unusual for a first stage...

What are the consequence if this knob get lost during a dive?

Probably none. I mean, it's not my knob. Are you working for Atomic Aquatics?

Last edited:
It's the environmental cap, if it fell off during a dive nothing adverse would happen. Mine will undo by hand also. It's very unlikely to unscrew all the way and fall of during a dive. Just tighten re tighten it.

I noticed the same thing on my new F8 as well, but this being my first diaphragm reg, I did not know if this was normal.

Once some salt drys in the threads it won't be quite so easy to undo...really. I've come across a few diaphragm sealed regs where the cap can be undone by hand and some that are seized on. Just re tighten it. I really don't think it's anything to be overly concerned about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom