Suunto Cobra 3 won't turn off?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a recall on their dive computers. Let an authorized technician look at it.

My zoop did the same thing so I finally took the battery out. It never did anything but beep after I put the battery back in.
I am aware of a recall on transmitters, and the US only Settlement Agreement on pressure/depth sensors. Is there some other recall too?
@Howie411 What depth is the dive mode displaying?

As suggested, you might want to clean the contacts to see if that might be the problem.
Logical suggestion. Take it out of its rubber boot if its in one, and let it soak in a bucket of fresh warm water. Also take an old toothbrush and clean the contacts etc.

Well I connected it to a tank I picked up today and its correctly reading the air etc. So I dunno I guess will see tomorrow what happens.

Ok last update for now. Computer definitely is hosed. We got to the quarry yesterday and the Depth info didn't work at all. Always said I was at 0 depth. Luckily my friend had an extra Zoop I could use and the amount of air available and dive time was working. So maybe it has a faulty depth sensor, I'll fill out the Suunto paperwork and see since my Dive Shop said they don't handle that at all.

lesson learned - don't get another suunto

Well I think I may be done with Suunto..... So sent in the Cobra 3 for repairs. 2 months later I hadn't heard back from them other then they received it. Finally got an email after I called and asked them to escalate the repair telling me they were waiting on parts and were just going to replace it. Well got it in the mail today, and they didn't include the quick disconnect portion so now I can't even use it.

On a side note I've now lost all my dives and this one is all black instead of black and blue (not a big deal). I'm going to be having a nice conversation with them tomorrow....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom