Suunto Cobra Dive comp w/compass (Quick Discon, PC dl cable, new batt and QD hose)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManuLani

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
  • This is for my used Suunto Cobra dive computer. W/QD and SK-7 compass
  • Purchased new, one owner.
  • Dive profile: (180 dives, 90 hours, max depth 113ft)
  • Battery recently replaced
  • (Brand New, 1mo. old) Quick disconnect HP hose.
  • Replaceable plastic faceplate has typical light usage scratches, still very readable. See pics.

Comes with cobra dive computer w/compass, padded case, (new) High pressure Quick disconnect hose, original boxes, CD, USB down load cable and laminated cheat sheet for menu usage.

$300.00 incl. shipping in USofA

PayPal or cash if bought local (Las Vegas)

20140922_085542.jpg20140922_085616.jpg20140922_085700.jpg20140922_090046.jpg20140922_093059.jpg20140922_085235.jpg

Advertised specs and info. (leisurepro)...
Their cost:
Cobra $475
Quick Disconnect $70
PC download cable $ 65
----------------------------
Total: $ 610
[h=4]Suunto Cobra Air Integrated Computer Console with Compass Features[/h] What's in the box: Computer, Compass, HP Hose

Suunto Cobra combines several technological innovations into one product. It is the only air-integrated dive computer with air, Nitrox, and gauge modes complete with profile memory on the market. In addition to the extensive information provided by the Vyper, the Cobra displays cylinder pressure and estimated remaining air time. The air-consumption of a dive is stored as a used-pressure value in the logbook memory for future reference.

The Cobra offers the new Suunto Reduced Gradient Bubble Model (RGBM), which is a unique algorithm for predicting both dissolved and free gas in the blood and tissues of divers. This development combines the latest knowledge in diving technology with the classic Haldane model. The advantage of the RGBM is its ability to adapt to a wide variety of diving situations. For added safety, the Cobra features the original Suunto innovation: separate three-step personal and altitude adjustments.

The SK-7 has set a new standard for dive compasses. The superior SK-7 features an exceptional tilt potential of +/- 30 degrees, which is 2-3 times larger than in conventional diving compasses, easy-to-read numerals on a phosphorescent compass card and a large side-reading window. The firm-grip bezel with a ratchetat every fifth degree is especially designed to prevent sand and dirt contamination, thus allowing smooth turning in all conditions.

• Computer Features:
  • Complete decompression stop data.
  • Separate 3-step altitude and personal adjustments for more tailored settings
  • Dive simulator and dive planner.
  • Customer selectable alarms for maximum depth and dive time.
  • Visual and audible alarms.
  • Automatic safety stop countdown.
  • An electro-luminescent backlight which lights up automatically when important alarms are given.
  • Compass Features:
  • Tilt potential of +/- 30 degrees
  • Phosphorescent compass card
  • Large side-reading window

Does the computer have any issues of any kind? I know the Cobra's are somewhat prone to dive to 400+ feet while dry... There's one in my den doing that now. I am very interested, but that tendency to fail has me a bit skittish. Any history of that with this particular unit?

I am the original owner and have never had any issue with this computer. To date there are 180 dives logged on it showing a total of 90 hours and max depth I've had it was 113'.
Wet or dry its never shown more depth than that with or without me. lol.
About a month ago I had my regs serviced and the HP hose for the computer was replaced at that time. The battery was replaced less than 6 months ago and shows full power on startup.

Maybe 15 of the dives were in salt water and the rest have been in fresh water. It has always been rinsed in clean fresh water after every dive and kept in the padded case when not attached.

---------- Post added September 23rd, 2014 at 10:34 AM ----------

---------- Post added September 23rd, 2014 at 10:36 AM ----------

** sold **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom