suunto cobra issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdnfireguy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi folks,
i posted this problem on the main board but figgured this is the place to ask.
my cobra turns on, everything works fine, reads tank pressure etc but for whatever reason i cant get it to go into dive mode. ive gone over the owners manual several times but it wont switch from SM to DM even after going down to 15' it doesnt read depth either. it reads tank pressure but thats all. what am i missing?
thanks
Jon

did you just dive it in gauge mode? That will lock out a bunch of features after

hi Dr Dog, i read about gauge mode but dont believe im in it. i just turn on the unit and hop in the water.

Jon,

Unfortunately, it sounds to me like your computer's depth sensor is not working. This is a fault within the depth sensor circuit, which is unrepairable. When did you purchase your Cobra, and was it from an authorized dealer?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Jon,

Unfortunately, it sounds to me like your computer's depth sensor is not working. This is a fault within the depth sensor circuit, which is unrepairable. When did you purchase your Cobra, and was it from an authorized dealer?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

hi Chris, i purchased the computer from a LDS that is a authorized dealer. it was a staff members nearly new computer that upgraded to wireless. it hasnt worked since i received it.

unfortunate news i must say.
thx
Jon

Jon,

The Suunto warranty only applies to the original owner. I would first try to sort this out with the LDS, that you purchased the computer from since you say it hasn't worked from the time of purchase.

Best Regards and Happy New Year,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom