Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Earless

Reaction score
I have just recently bought a Cobra and upgraded the software to 2.3 from 2.x.

I found 2.3 to be much better but it still doesn't grab me.

A couple of quick questions though, my cobra bookmarks nothing, it literally only puts a marker on the dive profile, no air info, no depth, temperature etc, not particulary useful and the only temperature it stores is start, max depth and end.

In reality, apart from the Air integration, what is the difference between diving with a cobra or a mosquito or even a Gekko for that matter. they all do nitrox, I can download the mosquito and get the same info. Our dive school gives all open water students a Gekko to dive with during their training, want to guess what most buy afterwards ....... as there is no tangible benefit to spending the extra money .

With downloadable dive profiles from computers why is it a problem to store more info during the dive?

You can get your SAC from the software but I agree it is lacking.

I'm not familar with the 2.x version of the software. I still use 1.6. I'm sure there are still a number of imporvements that could be made but it serves my purposes. It will graph my dives showing any alarms, bookmarks, air pressure, sac. etc. I have the SmartTrak for the Uwatecs. I still haven't figured out what it shows.

I was always a uwatec fan myself...The d-9 download is way cool though....and you get to lose the hose...I prefer the wrist mount too. the difference ? As far as any air integrated computer goes, you get similar features, Nitrox, downloadable etc....
But the hose...the hose ...the hose....who needs it ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom