Suunto D wrist computers transmitter compatibility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vales1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi folks! I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before. I pm'd Chris@Suunto but haven't gotten a reply yet so I thought I might have better luck here.

I have an old Suunto D9 (09 model i think) w/ transmitter. I'm thinking about getting a new D6i or D9tx question is, will my old transmitter be compatible with the newer Suunto computers? Thank you all in advance!:D

Sunnto's, 'customer service' is notorious for not responding to customers [that should tell you something ;( !!!! ].....I've got a few old Sunnto's; Vytec DS, D9 and D4 and they all work off each other's transmitters.......Go to Leisurepro.com, their 'customer' service will let you know if there's been a change.......[ Hey Sunnto, alias AL....SHAME, SHAME, SHAME :( !!!! ]

Vales1,

I apologize for the delay. I am not able every day to answer posts, but I do try to answer them at every available time. The answer to your question is yes. Any Suunto transmitter will work with any Suunto dive computer with wireless transmission capability.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Vales1,
Any Suunto transmitter will work with any Suunto dive computer with wireless transmission capability.

Thank you so much Chris! Wow I didn't even know that they're a gray market! I thought they were legit and a good thing you told me bec I was about to check out a D6i!

thanks again for you support!

Back
Top Bottom