Suunto D4 color replacement strap . Do they fail at the same rate of original ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldwaterlloyd

Contributor
Reaction score
My original d4 strap is showing fatigue .
Has anyone had any experience good or bad with the new color replacement units , they look like they are made different than the Black rubber ones.
Let me know before I buy another ... Lemon , thanks , coldwaterLloyd

coldwaterLloyd,

All of the D4 / D4i straps have been re-designed, and are now made from a much more durable material.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I'm not trying to Bash Suunto here, but I get 20-30 emails a day asking if I have an Adapter yet for the D4's like the ones I sell for the D6/D6i's and the older D9's.
I have to tell them no, but we are working on it.
Even though Suunto says they have made improvements to their straps, I still have people Daily telling me stories of how theirs just disintegrated after a certain amount of time.

If your dead set on buying a Suunto, do yourself a favour, and buy the D6i with the Sapphire face (White or Black) and then get a set of the Tibby Adapters so that you wont have to worry about loosing it.

i kept losing the screw on my straps. i am on my 3rd strap set, needing another one because i lost it again! lucky i never lost the computer while diving. unluckily they don't just sell screws, always have to be set!

wanderlass,

If you send your computer in to an authorized service center they would be able to replace just the screw for you, in addition the service centers will put a non permanent thread lock on to prevent this issue in the future.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2013 at 01:12 PM ----------

j2s,

Unless you are sending your computers to an authorized service center to have the band replaced, you could very well be receiving the original straps. Most dive stores still have old stock of bands and may still be installing the original straps. All of the Suunto wrist top dive computer bands / band screws have been redesigned.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I wish that's true, Chris from Suunto. But I have obviously already asked for screw. I'm from Manila and the authorized service center is Aquaventure Whitetip Dive Supply. They emailed me saying they don't have screw only strap set. Perhaps you can ship one (or half a dozen) to me from wherever you are.

Cheers,

wanderlass,

Please contact me via private message and I will have some sent to you.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

OK , I installed my new d4 strap today . Easy switch . Not only is the Blue a fashion statement , it is way more comfortable than the original black one . I use my d4 as an everyday watch and it takes the "clunky feel" away completely . Nice mod Suunto . two thumbs up , plus it came with new hardware .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom