Suunto D6: Get to gauge mode once dive has started?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liuk3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did a shallow technical dive this past weekend. Unfortunately, my Suunto D6 was set on computer mode for some odd reason, and I only realized this upon descent on the dive. I spent a bunch of time underwater trying to figure out how to get it back to gauge mode before resigning to just leaving it in computer mode. I really like having the resettable timer in seconds in gauge mode which you just don't have in computer mode. The extremely annoying thing was that it was beeping like crazy through the second half of the dive since it recorded our dive to 155fsw but did not know that I was using 50% O2 for accelerated decompression. By the time I got to the surface, the computer was all errored out and must have thought I was dead. LOL. It must have been beeping straight underwater for the last 40 minutes of my dive. That will drive you nuts. Anyway, just wondering if there is a way to get the D6 into gauge mode once you've already started a dive underwater in computer mode.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom