Suunto D9 bungee adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How are the computers held in those holders? By the pins? What is involved in charging the Teric (post #12)?

what I like about the ones with backplate is that, like nato strap, you won't lose the computer if a pin breaks.

Because my bungee strap is a continuous loop, if only one pin breaks off then the computer will hang on the strap by the other pin. That's the same as would happen with these other over-engineered and comparatively expensive solutions. Mine is a more secure strap than the buckle type strap that comes with the DC.

I love the simplicity of my strap. And for much less than a dollar per strap I have done four DCs and a couple of wrist compasses and depth gauges. Elegant and inexpensive solutions.

My strap is also far more comfortable than bungees on bare skin for tropical warm water diving.

Look closely at the pictures posted below and imagine one of the pins removed.

fullsizerender-jpg.580992.jpg

fullsizerender-2-jpg.580993.jpg

This Suunto model has very thick and durable pins. Of course, they will provide sufficient reliability even with this method of fastening.
The pins of Terik and many others are much weaker. Therefore in our adapters the bungee cord is attached to the backplate. Computers are mounted on a backplate using pins or stainless steel screws.

This Suunto model has very thick and durable pins. Of course, they will provide sufficient reliability even with this method of fastening.
The pins of Terik and many others are much weaker. Therefore in our adapters the bungee cord is attached to the backplate. Computers are mounted on a backplate using pins or stainless steel screws.
So every night or two you must disassemble the Teric from its mount in order to charge it?
No thanks.

no

i'll check it later to be sure

How do you charge the Teric?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom