SUUNTO Eon Core Locked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kotop3s

New
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi, guys. I/ve got an issue with subj. A while ago during my confined water training, I've missed that the battery of my EON Core was low. I've got a message to recharge the battery, but I ignored it due to some issues with my student. After I surfaced I found that my computer is switched off because the battery was down. I charged it but the algorithm was locked. Do I have any chance to unlock it by myself or I must wait this 48 hours penalty? I didn't find an answer on the forum, maybe I don't how to search, so please help me. Thank you.

PS Sorry for my English, it's not my native language, hope that everything is clear in my message. :)

What’s the purported reason for the lockout from a manuf. perspective? @scubadada ?

What’s the purported reason for the lockout from a manuf. perspective? @scubadada ?
Hi Clammy,

You mistake me for someone with some inside knowledge, I am not, sorry I can't help you here.

Like most, I've always thought it is try to keep you from diving after a violation. Of course, the computer does not know if you cut a stop short by 30 seconds or something of much greater magnitude.

Hi Clammy,

You mistake me for someone with some inside knowledge, I am not, sorry I can't help you here.

Like most, I've always thought it is try to keep you from diving after a violation. Of course, the computer does not know if you cut a stop short by 30 seconds or something of much greater magnitude.

Craig, this lockout is as a result of a battery that lost its charge. Not sure why a 48 hr lockout is enforced? Seems fishy to me.

Da Clam.

Craig, this lockout is as a result of a battery that lost its charge. Not sure why a 48 hr lockout is enforced? Seems fishy to me.

Da Clam.
Sorry Cliff, I did not go back in the thread and read. My battery went dead in my VT3 once. I replaced the battery, it did not lock me out. No idea why a fully discharged battery would end up locking you out unless they assume your dive without a functional computer would put you at some risk for DCS.

It's Suunto. My guess (just a guess, no idea really) is their philosophy is safety first (or, maybe more likely liability coverage first as the safety a temporarily bricked computer offers is highly debatable) which consequently would then have to mean to assume the worst (diving / DCS causing wise) could have happened while the battery was dead and hence the lockout?

Sorry Cliff, I did not go back in the thread and read. My battery went dead in my VT3 once. I replaced the battery, it did not lock me out. No idea why a fully discharged battery would end up locking you out unless they assume your dive without a functional computer would put you at some risk for DCS.
Did it go dead while on a dive (or within a day or two of diving)? Or did it die while not in use?

If it dies mid-dive and is no longer able to track the remainder of the dive profile and perhaps even subsequent dives, I can certainly understand it locking out for some period of time to KNOW that it is starting up once again with a blank slate. Why 48 instead of 24? Probably a good reason, just don't know what that is.

There used to be a computer tool called "suunto tools". It allowed you to do several functions including wiping the memory of the device (it would wipe your whole history).

You could try a search for this tool. Mind the warnings and your own nitrogen load. If found, use with caution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom