SUUNTO Eon Core Locked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did it go dead while on a dive (or within a day or two of diving)? Or did it die while not in use?

If it dies mid-dive and is no longer able to track the remainder of the dive profile and perhaps even subsequent dives, I can certainly understand it locking out for some period of time to KNOW that it is starting up once again with a blank slate. Why 48 instead of 24? Probably a good reason, just don't know what that is.
Good question. It went dead early on the 1st dive of a 2 dive trip. I finished the 1st dive and did the 2nd on my backup computer and SPG. I did not replace the battery until that evening. It did not lock me out, I did not lose the log, I did have to reset the time/date, it restarted as a clean, 1st dive. I used it again the next day, without problem. This is covered in the VT3 manual under hot battery swap. Settings, nitrogen and oxygen tracking are retained if the battery swap is completed within 8 seconds.

Good question. It went dead early on the 1st dive of a 2 dive trip. I finished the 1st dive and did the 2nd on my backup computer and SPG. I did not replace the battery until that evening. It did not lock me out, I did not lose the log, I did have to reset the time/date, it restarted as a clean, 1st dive. I used it again the next day, without problem. This is covered in the VT3 manual under hot battery swap. Settings, nitrogen and oxygen tracking are retained if the battery swap is completed within 8 seconds.
Might be degrees of "dead" at play too. Not enough power for the display to function, but still enough to monitor and retain the dive.

It's Suunto. My guess (just a guess, no idea really) is their philosophy is safety first (or, maybe more likely liability coverage first as the safety a temporarily bricked computer offers is highly debatable) which consequently would then have to mean to assume the worst (diving / DCS causing wise) could have happened while the battery was dead and hence the lockout?

My guess is that it is exactly because of this. They are probably worried about a worst case scenario which is that it died mid-dive and that the computer has not accounted for some nitrogen load - they do not know what happened between the time of the battery death and the new battery being put in which could lead to issues for the diver safety-wise.

Hi, guys. I/ve got an issue with subj. A while ago during my confined water training, I've missed that the battery of my EON Core was low. I've got a message to recharge the battery, but I ignored it due to some issues with my student. After I surfaced I found that my computer is switched off because the battery was down. I charged it but the algorithm was locked. Do I have any chance to unlock it by myself or I must wait this 48 hours penalty? I didn't find an answer on the forum, maybe I don't how to search, so please help me. Thank you.

PS Sorry for my English, it's not my native language, hope that everything is clear in my message. :)
Any chance you put it in gauge mode for your confined water dives? The manual says it will lock the algorithm for 48 hours after a gauge mode dive, or a missed decompression stop. I am assuming you didn't need a deco stop on a confined water dive, but why not download the dive log and see if there is any more info available.

If an Eon gets a flat battery, it resets a number of parameters such as date an time, but not things like dive dogs and user settings, which will be held in non volatile memory. I've had ours stay on and run down post dive and had no issues when recharging and restarting (apart from resetting date and time) I'm guessing that because it went down mid dive, it's a safety lockout

It will flash red and tell you to re charge at est 3 hrs remaining or says Low if at est 1hr life.

The manual states that if the charge level drops below 2 hrs you cannot start a dive (which I read is that the computer won't go out of surface mode...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom