• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Suunto Eon Core vs D6i Novo vs D4i Novo

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by Fires, May 2, 2018.

1. Fires

Fires Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    F
    From the link posted above by Diving Dubai, you can see this: (Attached)

Quite interesting

Attached Files:

2. dmaziuk

dmaziuk Orca

The plot on p. 12 where it generates ascent shorter than Buhlmann on 10/100, with the "slowdown" starting at 50 m vs. the Buhlmanns 40-ish is what's considered suboptimal these days. All they have about conservatism on technical dives is "longer decompression time". Presumably pulling the right tail of the curve further to the right, which is what you'd want.

But at least they have the brochure. For the "recreational" computers, including Suuntos, there is no brochure. My Cressi only says "developed for the needs of recreational divers".

3. Fires

Fires Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    @Diving Dubai - I just wanted to check something if you might know. A mate of mine was saying that when you pair an eon core with a tank pod, and you are doing shutdown drills (tec), that it looses its pairing. Is this the case? Or does it re-pair when the pressure comes back?

I have gotten a Eon Core demo to try out this weekend. So I am looking forward to diving it and seeing what it is like, but I am already 95% sold on it. Being playing around with it, and it has been great!

4. DiveFlyDive

DiveFlyDive Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Just to start this thread up again. I have a Core and I really like it, however there are 2 issues. firstly, the display is hard to read in bright sunlight. Secondly the customisation software is disfuctional and doesn't always set the computer the way you planned. For example, I used the software to show air time left then consumption rate then max depth with sucessive button presses. For some reason the computer doesnt show that it shows airtime, CNS, consumption rate, max depth. Just bugs, but annoying.

5. Diving Dubai

Diving Dubai Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I sympathise. I've not had those issues with the software, however it is easy not to configure the menus as you thought you had.

For example: What seems logical on the computer may not be so underwater.

For me, I use 4 screens. On all (except gas) my gas pressure always shows on the middle display And I will always have the gas mix somewhere on each screen

My dive time and max depth always appear on teh NDL screen because that's the screen I'll end up on, so when I get on the boat and get asked for those stats they're readily available without searching and many button presses.

While I'm pretty good at knowing what data I want on which screen, often after the first trip when I've configured the menus i may need to make some adjustments.

As for the display. If I'm wearing sunglasses on teh deck, yes I agree it can be difficult in bright sunlight. I will say it's better that the Shearwater in this respect and you can read it at more acute angles (I run an Eon Steel and Perdix AI) Indeed I've also put it up against the Teric on land and found the Eon screen to be the best for brightness and readability in the bright sunshine of Dubai summers

6. ajduplessis

ajduplessis Solo Diver

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I am a SA diver and would rather recommend buying a Shearwater, either new or secondhand.