SUUNTO Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
FAQ | Suunto Dive Computer Settlement

Has this already been discussed? Mods delete dupe if so.

Finally, I feel vindicated after 30 Zoop Novo rental computers have been replaced two or three times each in18 months. Suunto denied that any problem ever existed. Free PADI elearning as recompense. Big whoop.

Pending approval of it all, there is the potential for a reimbursement as well as a inspection/repair/replacement program. It could be something more...

Pending approval of it all, there is the potential for a reimbursement as well as a inspection/repair/replacement program. It could be something more...

Oh I read the document. Free repair/replacement could take months. I’m amused by the eLearning offer. Sans detail, do you opt for that and not get your computer fixed/replaced? Let’s see.

"The law firms that worked on these lawsuits will ask the Court for an award of attorneys’ fees in the amount of $5 million"

the real winners of this lawsuit

...and the lead plaintiff too. I have no problem with the system. Absent the lawsuit, nothing at all would have been done. Let’s keep the lawyer bashing out of this thread and stick to SUUNTO bashing only!

And as I recall, if you bought one of the listed computers during the period as set by the agreement, you have 10 years to make a claim. So if yours hasn't gone wonky yet, it's covered for a while if it does. Or at least, that's how I read it.

And as I recall, if you bought one of the listed computers during the period as set by the agreement, you have 10 years to make a claim. So if yours hasn't gone wonky yet, it's covered for a while if it does. Or at least, that's how I read it.

Where did you read that?

Where did you read that?
It was in the email I received from Suunto concerning the settlement. But the 10 years is from the date of manufacture. I have C&P'd the relevant portion of the email here...

Under the Settlement, every Class Member who has a good faith belief that their Dive Computer has experienced a depth pressure sensor failure is entitled to have his or her Dive Computer inspected to determine whether the Dive Computer has a faulty depth pressure sensor. If it does, Suunto will repair your Dive Computer or replace it for free. Class Members can take advantage of the Inspection, Repair or Replacement Program for the longer of ten years from the date of manufacture of the Dive Computer or one year from the date the Settlement is finally approved and all appeals, if any, are resolved in favor of the Settlement.

After reading all that I wasn't sure if I have to opt in to get that 10 year from manufacturing protection or if I could just stroll in to my LDC in 5 years with my watch and ask them to send it in for inspection.

I didn't post the entire email, just the part that was germane to the question asked. But you don't have to opt-in or do anything else to be covered by the settlement. You only have to if you want to opt-out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom