• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

SUUNTO Recall

Discussion in 'Scuba Related Court Cases' started by tridacna, Aug 28, 2018.

1. njmorrell

njmorrell Captain

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    So, I filled in the class action claim form, made a service request on-line, printed a free shipping label and shipped my faulty (out of warranty) computer back to Suunto. Two weeks later I have just received a new replacement computer.

It seems to me Suunto are dealing with claims very promptly, I have no complaints.

Bob DBF likes this.
  2. edwants2dive

edwants2dive Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    So just a note about the settlement there is a form to have a computer covered in the class inspected so I called the closest authorized center near me to see if I could get my Cobra 3 checked before I was to go on vacation last month and their response was "sure you can send it in and we will dive it to check things out". Hell I can dive it what good is that? Do they not have another way to test the sensor? So far I have had no issues with it but it only has 15 or so dives on it. Makes me wonder a bit.

3. njmorrell

njmorrell Captain

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    When they say they will 'dive it' I think they mean in their test chamber. I don't think they send someone out diving with it!.

If it's working I wouldn't bother having it checked out, you will know if the depth sensor fails.

4. JackD342

JackD342 Dive Shop

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Correct. If it is working fine for you, they will not be able to determine anything different. Inspections are part of the settlement, but relatively pointless if you know yours is working.