suunto vyper advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brilliant computer - and I prefer the old Vyper to the Vyper2. As String said - P0 is fine. Yes, The Suuntos are conservative, nothing wrong with that at all.

As a sort of aside - which I hope does not turn into a hijack - I guide regularly on a local wreck (Thistlegorm), and most of the divers who reach their deco limits first - on the second dive - are those wearing Uwatecs. I have sent divers up after 35 mins whereas my vyper (set in air mode) still gives me 5 or 6 minutes before my NDL after my 45 minute dive.

I don't think there is a better computer for recreational diving than the basic Suuntos.

Cheers

C.

i re-set it to p0 today for the thistlegorm in the morning,its a great computer really easy to use it,i cant wait to get the wire for the pc so i can see my profile in a graph, i dont think i have set it to 10 second profiling yet though,im gonna read the book before bed, i was actually surprised to see a few instructors with it over the last few days, they do lots of dives so they are worth the money i guess

Most of my colleagues dive with Suuntos of one form or another - just depends on their bank balances as to which one they use!

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom