Suunto Vyper or Cressi Giotto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my Vyper. Reliable, easy to read. You can change the batteries yourself. Data cable for PC transfer is great time saver. I've got hundreds of dives on mine.

Suunto has a reputation for being conservative. That's fine by me. I want to go home at the end of the day with all my parts working. Why increase your risk for an extra 3 minutes of bottom time?

I also love my ZOOP, and I found a cable for it for only $7 to transfer my data on taobao.com ( Suunto ZOOP DZˮµçÄÔ DIY Êý¾ÝÏß Á¬½ÓÏß-ÌÔ±¦Íø ), I can help with a purchase if anyone needs one... I also have an old Suunto console computer, it runs in psi is it's only weakness, but I love it because it keeps a running track of my dive time to when I need to make my safety stop.

I have been using a Zoop for years. It was good for me except it didn't have a backlight. Recently purchased a used Vyper as a backup for my Zoop and found out it had a backlight. So now my Zoop is a backup to my Vyper.

I'll sometimes do some shallow diving (between 4 and 6 feet) and my Vyper (and Zoop) will complain because I 'surfaced'. But if you stay below 6 feet except at the end of the dive it won't complain.

It does air, nitrox and gauge modes. From Diving Dubai's post it sounds like the Vyper is comparable but might be slightly better in some regards. Many people however complain that the Suunto computers are just WAY too conservative. So when a Vyper tells you that you have hit NDL, other computers will say you still have more time.

I agree that they are too conservative , ran into this problem last weekend . My Buddy and I were on our second dive at all the same depths following the guide cord . My alarm was ringing and had a 12 minute deco at 15 feet , his computer said everything was fine .Yes it is better to be safe but when everyone dives with different computers it leads to this problem .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom