Suunto Vytec DS Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mexidogs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My 8 year old Vytec DS has finally given up the ghost (It thinks that it's in the middle of a rapid assent and keeps beeping despite sitting on my desk for a couple of months). I'm told my Aquanaut/Suunto that they can't repair it. I'm assuming the pressure sensor has failed.

I believe that Suunto have stopped making the Vytec so is there a replacement model?

Is the Vyper an equivalent?

Is there any difference between the black & silver versions?

Mexidogs,

The computer that has replaced the Vytec is the Vyper Air. The Vyper Air has the integrated wireless air transmission capability. If you already have a transmitter it will pair to a Vyper Air. The Vyper Air's are now 4 button computers which makes navigation through modes & settings effortless. They have an integrated tilt-compensated digital compass and have the capability of 2 gas switches. You can see the full details of the Vyper Air from the link provided.
Suunto Vyper Air Black | Suunto

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

The Vyper Air is not a direct replacement for the Vytec DS because it only does two gases compared to three for the Vytec.

I had Vytec and did over 400 dives with it, it started to go wrong when I used more than one gas. The software got corrupted. Suunto refused to fix it although it was less than 4 years old.

I no longer use Suunto computers.

Nick.

Thanks, I didn't realise that it only did 2 gasses. To stay with Suunto & air integration that only leaves the Helo2, or I just get another LiquivisionX1 and sell a couple of Suunto transmitters.

Yes, I sold my transmitter, it was still working. I got $180 but that was before Suunto were giving away a transmitter with a new computer purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom