Suunto zoop question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bestshooter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys ,
Had a quick question . I have a suunto zoop. I haven't really noticed it till recently and wanted to see if this was normal . In dives at about 30 feet I've noticed that the safety stop doesn't always pop up . Sometimes it will sometimes it won't . Is this normal ? How do I make it pop up every time ?

Hey guys ,
Had a quick question . I have a suunto zoop. I haven't really noticed it till recently and wanted to see if this was normal . In dives at about 30 feet I've noticed that the safety stop doesn't always pop up . Sometimes it will sometimes it won't . Is this normal ? How do I make it pop up every time ?
Yes. You only get one if the dive exceeds 10m.

According to the manual:

With every dive over 10 meters the instrument has a three minute countdown for the
recommended safety stop . . . .

A 30-foot dive is right on the edge of this threshold. If the arm on which you're wearing the computer drops a little, then it might count the dive as being over 30 feet and give you a safety stop. If your hand is a little higher, it might not.

Dive deeper than 30 feet and stay down longer. If I recall you have to be below 30 feet for about 5-10 minutes for it to show up.

Thanks guys , I'm definitely down long enough , pushing 2+ hours . I just may be just on that threshold .

Thanks again

I can't help but wonder why you'd even consider making a safety stop following a 30' dive.

More so because I always do one for habit and also because I'm down for quite a while. 2+ hours is quite a while and I'm not one with the greatest of luck so I don't temp it .

You can always decide to do a safety stop if you want to, even if the computer doesn't do the countdown for you. The computer is not the boss of you.

You can always decide to do a safety stop if you want to, even if the computer doesn't do the countdown for you. The computer is not the boss of you.

Well, if it threatens to lock you out for 24 hours and you don't have a backup, you just might have to listen.

Reactions: yle
I always do I just thought it was weird sometimes it comes up and sometimes not , I didn't really think of the 10m idea .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom