Swamp Diving - be a body

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeppermintPaddi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This was posted to the UT dive club. I spoke to Karen and half a day of diving is fine, if that's all the time you have. Lake GT has about 6 inches of viz on a good day so this qualifies as Swamp Diving for sure. Working depth is 10-14 feet. Temp last weekend was 82F. Divers go down in pairs. And yes they still need "bodies".

J**** J****** 12:05pm Sep 19
Hey everyone, I'm just passing the word along. I have participated in the exercises listed below before and it was quite the experience:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My name is Karen Shaffer and I am a volunteer Search and Rescue first responder as well as a K9 Handler, and am currently in the middle of a 6 month training course for body recovery from water using K9’s.

Our class is looking for scuba divers to assist us in training our dogs and I was wondering if your organization could help us out.

Our trainer, Jonni Joyce, is an evaluator with the International Police Working Dog Association (IPWDA), and considered the best dog trainer in the U.S. for water recovery.

At this point in our training our class needs divers for our dogs to find. Once the dog finds the diver, the diver will surface and reward the dog with his toy or with food.

We are in need of divers on the following dates:
Oct. 1st and 2nd, from 8:00 - 4:00 both days, will need at least 6, preferably 7 divers (lunch will be provided)
All training will take place on Lake Georgetown.

If you have divers in your organization or if you know of other divers that would be willing to help out, please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Karen Shaffer
512 * 417 * 9165
karenshaffer at hotmail dot com

Back
Top Bottom