Swap a G250 Body for G250HP body?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Dawson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings,

I recently had some regulators serviced that had not been done in about 7yrs. They sat in a padded bag during that time. Anyways, I took them to a local dive shop that I wanted to try out as my former dive shop closed down several years ago.

This new shop has been absolutely awful...I will skip over the details at this point.

I turned in a G250 without a mouthpiece...and asked for them to service the regulator and add a new mouthpiece. I got the regulators back, the new mouthpiece was not exactly what I wanted but worked, so I decided to swap it with another one I had on a different regulator. When I removed the new mouthpiece, the regulator body had damage to the mouthpiece attachment part:
IMG_20190321_210818196.jpg

So, where can I get a new G250 body? Or can I swap all the parts from this G250 into the body of a [newly serviced, but with also issues from the same dive shop, ugh] G250HP body?

Any ideas how to fix this? [yes, I am going to try and get the dive shop to replace this body part, but who knows if they will actually do it...they have made all kinds of excuses on the other crap jobs they have done...].

That happens all the time to that lip on G250 bodies and it shouldn't effect the performance at all. I wouldn't worry about it too much. But to answer your question you can replace a G250 body with a G250HP body but a G250V body would be ideal.

how is it damaged? it doesn't look like the sealing surface is affected from the picture

There is a ridge or lip at the tip of the mouthpiece area that keeps the mouthpiece from sliding off when using a zip tie. Here is another pic....
IMG_20190321_210824811.jpg

That happens all the time to that lip on G250 bodies and it shouldn't effect the performance at all. I wouldn't worry about it too much. But to answer your question you can replace a G250 body with a G250HP body but a G250V body would be ideal.

Thanks for that info!! I am a stickler when it comes to regulators, tanks, BCDs and such...peripheral equipment [canister lights, dive floats, homemade "V' weights for diving doubles, etc] I am less critical of.

OK, now, let's say I toss the mouthpiece back on there and use a ziptie as a retainer....just to ensure the mouthpiece does not slide off...is there a way to help keep it on?

I would prefer to not be distracted while diving to be checking its position...

Here are the part numbers for the cases
G250 is 11.250.200 and no longer available. Search on eBay or try Vintage for one.
G250HP is 11.400.025
G250V is 11.261.025
And the G260's 11.331.021

I'm thinking of using the body of the G250HP, which was just serviced [yes, the shop service quality is to be questioned at this point]....and swapping over the G250 parts. Is the metal air barrel that worth it?? Or should I just leave the broken mouth part and use it as-is...leaving me with two G250/HP regs?

I have a perfectly good S600 and R380 to use...but need at least one more second stage for my pony bottle [I have 3 1st stages, MK20UL, MK25, MK25]. I will have two pony bottles, AL19s with stage bottle rigging, as I will be solo diving...so at least 3 1st and 3 2nd stages are needed.

MK25/S600 or G250 on back gas [or add a second 2nd stage if I keep the "broken" G250 as-is]
MK25/R380 or G250HP on Pony A
MK20UL/R380 or G250HP on Pony B

Thoughts?

You should not have to replace anything. Period, end of story. The shop broke your reg. They need to make it right. If they hesitate, contact ScubaPro and report this. If this somehow happened to a reg I was servicing for a customer, I'd let them know and order in a new case or offer a replacement if the case was no longer available. The old stage would get used as a classroom teaching prop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom