Swimmer killed by shark off New Zealand North Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have got to be kidding me....now we re expanding the conversation to "sharks and rays"??????????????????

Second - did you bother to read your own link? you posted not only sharks and rays, that are ENDANGERED, but for the fun of it, you reference 249 species, MANY of which are listed as near threatened, data defficient, least concern, even a few not evaluated for good measure???? AND - to make it more ridicuous, lets include decreasing, and.......any other category including healthy.

Since you used the Red list - go take a look at how many THEY believe are "endangered". I think you will see - its far less than 143. in fact, its less than 20.

I posted 143 as a liberal varrying number posted on many websites - in fact, it was the HIGHEST number (speaking about sharks only) that I could find.

AND - Once again - HOW are you twisting this into a Shark conservation debate - IT IS NOT.

I simply point out, that MOST of the species are NOT endangered - as someone else tried to state. The point was about killing a SINGLE shark - known to have killed a person - NOT abotu protecting sharks as a whole.

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2013 at 04:10 PM ----------

I reread your article - this makes more sense. He isnt in hiding...from the law - he is hiding from animals rights activists. The same type of people that I am talking about in this thread. They dont believe it is ok to shoot at a shark to protect a person.........People are irrational, and emotional on certain topics - now - a police officer trying to protect people and retrieve an injured (dead) person is being vilified because he injured a SHARk.......

unreal.
I dont think anyone has said "dont shoot the shark to protect a living person"?
What people HAVE said is theres no point in killing a shark after the preson is dead...

With regards to the lion, thats a semi-domesticated animal that need to live in a limited area together with people, just like if your dog was biting people coming over..

With regards to the lion, thats a semi-domesticated animal that need to live in a limited area together with people, just like if your dog was biting people coming over..

No, it is nothing like that. 100 acre reserve and the lion was seperated - but freed itself accidentally.

Back
Top Bottom